Monday, July 13, 2009

What my heart truly was made for.

I've come to the realization that I was made to live in the country or at least fairly far away from the busy city. I'm just not happy doing the things that people typically do everyday. I'm SO thankful that the Lord has blessed me with the ability to do massage because I KNEW I wanted a "job" that was not selfish and helped others physically AND that I didn't want a sit down job. I honestly want to learn how to garden and grow my meals! How cool would that be?!

I think Taylor has obviously been the person who has opened my eyes to the idea again BUT it has always been in my mind I was just scared of the idea for some reason. Not having a target right around the corner or a Starbucks in a 3 minute range is a bit scary (sadly) but it's not anymore for me. When I let myself play the idea around in my head I have such a peace and I think it's because I was made to enjoy that lifestyle. In Genesis the Lord tells Adam and Eve to work and till the land. I honestly feel that the "simpler life" is what I need and feel the Lord calling me to. I would looove at some point to build my own house somewhere and make it exactly how the Lord is calling to. I want it to be unique and inviting.

I'm so excited about my future but enjoy every blessing right now.

1 comment:

Taylor said...

You are the best sweetie! I love you SOOOOOOOOO much!!!